Monday, February 7, 2011

A Final Clearance

Well, the final PSA test was taken and the news is in... Undetectable! 

I guess now I have to figure out what to do with the rest of my life. I was already writing a bucket list. But now, well, I might actually have to go back to work or something. See, good health has its drawbacks.

Yesterday was Superbowl day and we held our traditional Gumbo Party and a small but stalwart group of friends got together and we laughed a lot and got a little tipsy and ate gumbo and aside from the fact that the Steelers didn't win, well, it was  pretty fine. 

Today is Monday and there's a wet yet feathery snow falling and tomorrow Brooke leaves for a week of touring her show, Trudeau Stories. Having been joined at the hip through circumstance for the last couple of months, it'll be good for her to get out and see the world again. 

I'll be back to talk about the side effect issues and some other interesting things that have arisen during my cancer battle, but for now, everything is very calm. I am starting to regain my sense of self. I am beginning to understand the notion of being a 'survivor' and the responsibility that goes along with it. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment